At Nottinghill our goal is to meet every child’s individual needs by being sensitive to each child’s personality and growth development. Children have the opportunity to learn through play with a variety of play areas to support learning, complimented by our daily circle time. Our goal is for your child to develop their self-esteem and confidence to equip them for their future education.
We offer two programs for 3-year-olds: 3AM and 3PM. Classes run from September to June.
Please note: Program offering and class sizes are subject to change based on COVID-19 re-opening guidelines.
- All activities and learning are structured around weekly themes
- Teaching children essential skills through daily educational circles, calendar review and creative activities
- Letters and number recognition through hands-on learning tools
- Teaching literacy through Jolly Phonics, a fun and child centered approach to teaching literacy through phonics; with actions for each of the letter sounds, the multi-sensory method is very motivating for children
- Explore gross and fine motor skills through creative activities, extra-curriculars and outdoor play
We value communication between Nottinghill staff and parents and have put in place a number of communication channels:
E-mail | Newsletter | Monthly Calendars | Website | Social Media | Private Facebook Group and Messenger
Nottinghill enhances its programs by offering outside programming such as multi-sport, yoga, music and field trips.
- Whether your child is still in diapers, potty-training or fully independent, we will work with you to encourage them and help them build confidence and good hygiene habits at the toilet
- Children are encouraged to participate in scheduled toilet breaks
- Floater staff are on hand to assist with toilet needs outside of scheduled breaks
- We proudly foster a strong community atmosphere amongst our families as we work together to maintain and grow our school
- All parents are encouraged to take an active role in their child’s preschool experience
- Each family is assigned responsibilities pertaining to management and maintenance of Nottinghill.
- Throughout the school year, the Nottinghill community hosts a variety of activities and events in the classroom, like holiday concerts, Mother’s day tea party and graduation concerts. We also host events after school for our Nottinghill families like our very popular movie night. See Events for a full list of current events
- Volunteering in the classroom is also an excellent way to connect with your child and the Nottinghill community
- An optional program add-on that provides an additional 1 hour nutritional break onto our programming
- Children enrolled in our 3-year-old programs are eligible for the lunch program
- The lunch program is currently on hold due to COVID-19