We know that your toddler is a bundle of energy and endless possibility that loves to explore their environment while having fun.
At Nottinghill we believe that young children learn best while doing what they do best: play and have fun. We foster learning through play and age appropriate exploration. We provide children with a variety of play areas and activities to support their learning.
These programs are a great introduction to “school” and allow young children to explore their independence.
We offer 2 programs for 2-year-olds: 2AM and 2.5AM. Classes run September to June.
- Fostering self confidence and independence in a nurturing and fun environment.
- Teaching children essential skills through circle time, story time, play and music
- Introducing our youngest toddlers to numbers and letters through play and activities
- 2.5AM class: literacy through the Jolly Phonics approach, a multi-sensory, motivating, fun and child centered approach to teaching literacy through phonics
- General well-being and motor development through daily outdoor play, weather permitting, and extra-curriculars
We value communication between Nottinghill staff and parents and have put in place a number of communication channels:
E-mail | Newsletter | Monthly Calendars | Website | Social Media | Remind Mobile Application
Nottinghill enhances its programs by offering outside programming such as multi-sport, yoga, music and field trips.
- Whether your child is still in diapers, potty-training or fully independent, we will work with you to encourage them and help them build confidence and good hygiene habits at the toilet
- Children are encouraged to participate in scheduled toilet breaks
- Floater staff are on hand to assist with toilet needs outside of scheduled breaks
- We proudly foster a strong community atmosphere amongst our families as we work together to maintain and grow our school
- All parents are encouraged to take an active role in their child’s preschool experience
- Each family is assigned responsibilities pertaining to management and maintenance of Nottinghill. See Parent Handbook for more information
- Throughout the school year, the Nottinghill community hosts a variety of activities and events in the classroom, like holiday concerts, Mother’s day tea party and graduation concerts. We also host events after school for our Nottinghill families like our very popular movie night. See Events for a full list of current events
- Volunteering in the classroom is also an excellent way to connect with your child and the Nottinghill community